[b-hebrew] nevi

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Wed Aug 17 15:59:07 EDT 2005

On 17/08/2005 18:56, Ben Crick wrote:

> ... In the GNT these three are subsumed under the
> phrase "the Law and the Prophets", referring to all the Hebrew Scriptures
> (Matthew 7:12 and numerous examples).

Are you sure that these references are to all three sections of the
Hebrew scriptures, and not only to the first two? I ask in reference to
the recent mention of Acts 13:15 where, if later Jewish custom is a good
guide, the reference is actually to these two sections, and not to the
Writings. See also Luke 24:44 where there is an apparent explicit
reference to all three sections of Scripture, with the Writings referred
to as the Psalms.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/