[b-hebrew] 5 scrolls or 1

Jim West jwest at highland.net
Wed Aug 17 13:31:10 EDT 2005

Ah here it is-
long ago I read Tov's textual criticism book and on page 4 he talks
about the order of the books and he calls the Pentateuch "the 5
scrolls".  I suppose I perceived that to mean that the pentateuch
consisted of 5 individual scrolls rather than just one mega-scroll.

jim

--
D. Jim West

Biblical Studies Resources -  http://web.infoave.net/~jwest
Biblical Theology Weblog -  http://biblical-studies.blogspot.com

"Ob man glychwol den pregenden haben muß, so macht der doch das hertz
nit gleubig; der geist und wort gottes thund das"-- Huldrych Zwingli