[b-hebrew] Gen22:13 YHWHYiReH

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Mon Aug 15 15:57:00 EDT 2005

Hi Shoshanna,

I saw and read your post and thank you for your input.
Shem could not have been Melchizedek unless he had a lifespan much greater than the average
of his contemporaries.
Your derivation of the name of Jerusalem is interesting but strays a little from what I was
querying. I was wondering about the pronunciation of YHWHYiR)eH. If the pronunciation was
attested or if it had survived it would give us clues as to the pronunciation of the divine
name. How do you read this passage?Do you substitute 'adonai'? Has the original pronunciation of this
place survived anywhere?