[b-hebrew] FROM STAFF Re: Attributes of YHWH

B. M. Rocine brocine at twcny.rr.com
Fri Aug 12 09:20:18 EDT 2005

Dear Gene,

We may explore on the list if the Hebrew word translated _Peniel_ really
does mean "the face of God," however I can't see that that is what your
post was meant to do.  We are not going to settle the question based on
personal beliefs or sectarian teaching.  We are not going to explore, in
and of itself (even limiting ourselves to Scriptural proof-texts), an
attribute of God.

Let's take any further discussion of this matter off-list, please.

Shalom,
Bryan Rocine
b-hebrew co-chair