[b-hebrew] Evil & God

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Wed Aug 10 20:58:32 EDT 2005

Dear Pawel,

>  > Just so you know - Judaism does not teach that Satan "fell", that is
>>  a Christian idea.
>
>Well, isn't it rather a judeo-christian idea?
>You can hardly find any official teaching of judaism
>about the origin of evil or about Satan which would
>be obligatory for every Jew. Is there any?

HH: The idea is that God is good and creates what is good (Genesis
1). So God would not create an evil being, so the angel called the
devil must have fallen.

Yes, I have sent an article that discusses that this is a Christian
idea precisely because they can't understand G-d creating good as
well as evil.  Even though G-d created everything.

Shoshanna