[b-hebrew] YHWH pronunciation

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Wed Aug 10 13:15:20 EDT 2005

Peter wrote:
 However,
nouns ending in -EH (with segol) derived from lamed-he verbs are
consonantally unchanged in the construct (but the segol changes to
tsere). See GKC 89e,f. This suggests that a form like YAHWEH is more likely.
END QUOTE

Or even Yahoweh. Your model can only be used to argue the final vowel but not
the number of syllables. The number of Yeho's and Yahu's adequately testifies to
a second long vowel of type o/u.