[b-hebrew] 2Sam24:1 subjects

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Wed Aug 10 12:56:34 EDT 2005

James,
A much better example of ambiguous subjects would be that wonderful verse in
Kings - I can't seem to find it right now but I'm not near any resources and
am just doing this off the top of my head, so to speak - where YHWH killed a
whole enemy army during the night, and the KJV gives that delightful
rendering that goes something like "When they awoke in the morning, they were
all dead."  As the German soldier said in the movie "Bedknobs and
Broomsticks," ein gute Trick!

--
Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur