[b-hebrew] oops...

Schmuel schmuel at nyc.rr.com
Wed Aug 10 12:36:43 EDT 2005

Hi b-Hebrew,

  Oops.. I sent a post here that was meant to go to Theology List (where it is likely censored :-)
The section on Jeremiah 8:8 might make a good thread here, however, we discussed it some
a year or two ago, and I did additional research on the Hebraic viewpoint of the verse afterwards.

Shalom,
Steven Avery
Queens, NY

Hi Harold,

>Dear Steven,
>Thanks for the post, and I really don't think it needed to be censored. We're not children.

I agree.  In fact, I will send this post in to the forum (with my and your intervening post superceded), and see if they will allow the thread to be picked up.  And try to snip some parts that were not really helpful or edifying.  I don't think they understand that I consider you an excellent poster on many issues (like the Creation controversy) and a good thinker and scholar -- lots of respect there... just that in my understanding you get out of the wrong side of the bed when it comes to the Bible text :-)  This makes you somewhat of a reluctant apologist for the modern versions, through the back door of defending modern scientific textcrit, but not the resultant Bible versions.