[b-hebrew] tenses; frequency

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Tue Aug 9 17:46:22 EDT 2005

On 09/08/2005 21:41, Rolf Furuli wrote:

>... And a very important methodological question is this: Is an assumption behind my research that Hebrew has a particular number of conjugations, four, three, or two? For example, If we use the axiom that Hebrew has four conjugations, then we end up with four. In addition to looking for prejudice in the material, we need to be conscious of our own prejudices. ...

Indeed, Rolf. And this is a question which you have never answered
unambiguously concerning your own research. Do you assume any particular
number of conjugations? Did you begin by assuming or preferring any
particular number of them? If so, even if you formally abandoned such a
presupposition, did you retain any prejudice which might have caused you
to prefer an analysis which in fact corresponds with a previous preference?

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/