[b-hebrew] married to Asherah

Robert Heard Christopher.Heard at pepperdine.edu
Mon Aug 8 23:05:51 EDT 2005

If we're listing bibliography, it might be good to add now Mark Smith's
latest, The Memoirs of God (Fortress [?], 2004) and David Penchansky,
Twilight of the Gods (WJK, 2005). Smith's is up to his usual par. I've
just started reading Penchansky, and found a couple of quibbles in the
intro.

Jucci wrote:

>Mark S. Smith, Early History of God: Yahweh and the Other Deities in
>Ancient Israel (Second Edition and New Introduction), Preface to the
>Second Edition
>http://www.bibleinterp.com/articles/early_history1.htm
>http://www.bibleinterp.com/articles/early_history2.htm
>http://www.bibleinterp.com/articles/early_history3.htm
>
>Jacques Berlinerblau, Official Religion and Popular Religion in
>Pre-Exilic Ancient Israel
>http://www.bibleinterp.com/articles/berlinerblau1.htm
>
>Mark S. Smith, The Origins of Biblical Monotheism: Israel's
Polytheistic