[b-hebrew] Semantics

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Mon Aug 8 11:29:57 EDT 2005

Hi b-he-brewers,

I have recently been asked by a beginning hebrew student how b-hebrew words have been
assigned their semantic meanings in lexicons.
Beyond parallels in sister languages and inferences we gain from LLX translations I
was not prepared to offer a complete answer.
Do the list members know what mechanisms were used to build our lexicons and determine
the meanings of words?

Further, the student was particularly interested in tracking down the studies of each
individual word. At this point I really didn't know what to say as it is something that
I have done myself.
Does anyone know where records of semantic studies can be found for individual words?

JamesChristian

Security System.