[b-hebrew] Josiah's book of the Law

Dora Smith villandra at austin.rr.com
Mon Aug 8 07:17:23 EDT 2005

Actually, archeological work proves that the religious faith of Israel at
the time bore little resemblance to the Yahwism inflicted by Josiah's
pogrom.

For instance, there was a sacred pole or tree (which is known, I just don't
remember which) in the Temple.

And graffitti scrawled everywhere - in and out of Jerusalem - blessing
Yahweh and Ba'al and their jointly held wife, Asherah.
Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, Texas
villandra at austin.rr.com