[b-hebrew] documentary hypothesis - D in Exodus?

Søren Holst sh at teol.ku.dk
Mon Aug 8 05:52:56 EDT 2005

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions on the documentary hypothesis (not least to Yitzhak for his link to the archives -- his memory is obviously better than mine).

A more specific question: None of the tables I've seen yet allow any D material in Exodus (or anywhere in the first four books of the Pentateuch for that matter), but W. Johnstone in his little book on Exodus (JSOT Press 1990) takes this for granted (e.g. in Ex 3,13 and following), and J van Seters discusses it in "Those Elusive Deuteronomists", which I haven't seen yet -- I'm waiting for the Royal library to let go of their copy :-)

any comments?

kol tuv
Soren