[b-hebrew] YHWH & Elohim - A Bit More

tladatsi at charter.net tladatsi at charter.net
Sun Aug 7 23:48:55 EDT 2005

Peter,

You may well be right on this matter, it is was just a
thought.  However, the one point that still sticks in my
mind is that given huge variety of theophoric personal
names in the Bible, should not at least one conserve the
original full divine name?  Shouldn't there be at least one
Eli-yahweh or Daniy-eloah somewhere.  Anyway, that is how I
thought about it.

On a personal note, Jack is short for - Jackie (sorta like
Robinson), not John.  You are correct, nicknames can be
tricky.

Jack(ie)

Jack Tladatsi