[b-hebrew] Jewish tradition/meaning of yhwh

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Sat Aug 6 07:35:39 EDT 2005

Recent extensive discussions on the pronunciation of yhwh have made me realise
that the meaning of the name is far more important to me than the recovery of
its original pronunciation.
A lack of forthcoming liguistic evidence to support a hiphil form has made me
reconsider my prior understanding of the name's meaning, which as I have said
is far more important to me.

For this reason I have a question addressed to the Jews among us:

What does Jewish tradition have to say about the meaning of the divine name?

Security System.