[b-hebrew] Is.45:7 God created evil?

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Fri Aug 5 21:24:25 EDT 2005

On Friday 05 August 2005 15:20, Read, James C wrote:
> Yes Shoshanna. I agree with you here. There are many angels with
> different names and Satan's chief purpose is in tempting mankind.
> But the account of Job is not that Yah calls Satan and asks him
> to go and test Job.
> On the contrary, it is Satan who demands that Job be tested and
> challenges Yah by slanderously saying that Job only serves Yah
> because of the blessings that Yah has given him.
> Yah allows this to happen in order for the opportunity to be
> given that this is not the case but in no way requests of Satan
> that it be done.
[snip]

Actually, when God asks Satan "have you considered my servant Job?  Look how
great he is. Makes your blood boil, doesn't it?????"  (my paraphrase,
obviously) it almost appears that God is taunting Satan, daring him to make
an accusation.  In both chapters, it is God, not Satan, who brings up the
subject of Job.  What do you do with that?

--
Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur