[b-hebrew] OT- perspective (was Josiah's book of the Law)

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Fri Aug 5 18:42:00 EDT 2005

On 05/08/2005 17:29, Yitzhak Sapir wrote:

>Perhaps.  I mean, without a specific inscription I wouldn't know.
>But, in order to
>name such a specific inscription he has to (1) name one, then (2) to
>show that we
>know that it is not complete, then (3) to show that we know that it is
>not honest, then ...

How about Ramesses II's records of his "victory" at Kadesh, when we know
from other sources that it was at most a matter of salvaging some honour
from what was nearly an ignominious rout? No need to appeal to the Bible
for confirmation, we have that from other archaeological records.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/