[b-hebrew] Is.45:7 God created evil?

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Fri Aug 5 06:49:29 EDT 2005

Chris:

SWT occures in Tanakh only 18 times (according to the
concordance) and its uses range from God allowing a
temptation to occure, which is supposed to be resisted
(e.g. Deuteronomy 13:7, see context) to a morally neutral
enticement or goad to do something (e.g. Joshua 15:18,
Judges 1:14) and areas in between (e.g. 1 Kings 21:25).
It is found only in the Hiphil.

L)MR, as I said before, is equivalent to the English word
"quote" when used to identify the exact words being used.
In this verse it identifies the nature, the words so to
speak, of the temptation.

The imperative would be between the quotation marks.

Karl W. Randolph.