[b-hebrew] Is.45:7 God created evil?

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Fri Aug 5 05:56:20 EDT 2005

Evgeny:

The word translated here as "evil" actually means
"displeasure" where that displeasure can sometimes be quite
severe, as in caused by a disaster or evil. As such, evil
and disaster are derivitive meanings of R(. Furthermore,
where God brings displeasure on a person or a people, it
may actually be for the good of the person or people, as it
involves correction, e.g. Proverbs 3:12 that done in love
can actually cause pain.

Karl W. Randolph.