[b-hebrew] Meaning of YHWH

Vadim Cherny VadimCherny at mail.ru
Fri Aug 5 02:29:25 EDT 2005

James, the reasoning is fairly simple. *If* ehie in Ex3:14 is the name, not
a common verb, and *if* ihwe is also the name, then this variation could be
only explained by the name being a verb, 1s and 3ms, respectively.

*If*, however, we translate Ex3:14 literally--and it makes more sense
literally--then ehie is a common verb, not the name, and ihwe doesn't have
to be a verb, either.

Vadim Cherny