[b-hebrew] Is.45:7 God created evil?

Heard, Christopher Christopher.Heard at pepperdine.edu
Thu Aug 4 23:51:07 EDT 2005

Dear Harold,

Citing lexicons is all fine and good, but how do the editors of
HALOT, BDB, etc. _know_ that the Chronicler is using &+N as a
personal name? Clearly, the authors of Numbers and 2 Kings used
_exactly the same word_ and _nobody_ thinks they were using it as a
proper noun. _Why_ should we think the Chronicler is using a proper
noun? That may be the case, but what are the _reasons_ to believe it?

Best wishes,

Chris