[b-hebrew] The Tetragrammaton; aia; is there a name in Ex3:14?

Awohili at aol.com Awohili at aol.com
Thu Aug 4 07:27:36 EDT 2005

You characterize Aquila as "hyper-literal," others say Aquila wished to be
more faithful to the Hebrew text.

At any rate, many able Hebrew scholars and biblical translators, from  Joseph
B. Rotherham to William H. C. Propp to Everett Fox, in their works, judge
from grammar and context that "I Will Be" is the better translation of the EHYEH
 at Exodus 3:14, and I accept their judgment.

I suppose it's a case of choose your scholars.  :-)

Solomon Landers

In a message dated 08/03/2005 12:44:30 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,