[b-hebrew] Josiah's book of the Law

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Thu Aug 4 06:39:23 EDT 2005

On 04/08/2005 09:39, Read, James C wrote:

>5) As the temple was completely destroyed by the babylonians and then later rebuilt, there
>is no reliale way of archeologically establishing when the original temple was built.

It is unlikely that every trace was destroyed, rather than being built
over. So there is in fact a good chance that some traces of the first
Temple remain on the Temple Mount, built over by two later Jewish
Temples, a Roman one, and the Islamic Dome of the Rock.

>6) In fact, we cannot archeologically establish if there ever was a first temple.

The problem is more that no one will allow the archaeology to be done.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/