[b-hebrew] YHWH...Was..Is..Will (shall) be

Gene Gardner g_gardner1234 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 3 14:38:40 EDT 2005

Harold R. Holmyard III hholmyard at ont.com
Wed Aug 3 13:41:55 EDT 2005

wrote:

 Gene, what text are you quoting? Without a context,
as Peter
said, your request for a translation seems to involve
a hidden
agenda. The first is a QATAL from HYH, the second a
Qal participle
from HWH, and the third a YIQTOL from HYH. A
participle would
normally involve another element giving the subject,
like a pronoun.

I am not specifically quoting any text, as I believe
that hayah  howeh  yihyeh is a rabbinic interpretation
based on Exodus 3:14. There is no hidden agenda
Harold, I am just trying to examine every available
aspect of the YHWH questioning process in an attempt
to have a clearer understanding of the finer points
presented by the wide variety of people that post on
this list.