[b-hebrew] The Tetragrammaton; aia; is there a name in Ex3:14?

Awohili at aol.com Awohili at aol.com
Wed Aug 3 11:01:31 EDT 2005

I will only note the curious fact that nearly every English Bible that
translates Ehyeh at Exodus 3:14 as "I Am"  has translated the exact very  same
Hebrew word as "I will be" (or similar) at Exodus 3:12.

Same word, only 2 verses apart.  Yet, different translation.  No
*grammatical* or *contextual* rationale for this that I can see.

Certain ancient translators of the LXX (Greek Septuagint) tradition  rendered
Ehyeh at Exodus 3:14 plainly as ESOMAI, "I Will Be."

Solomon Landers

In a message dated 08/03/2005 7:23:26 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,