[b-hebrew] Could This Be Nimrod

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Tue Aug 2 17:15:57 EDT 2005

Do you have any resources I can refer to about the Chinese characters you mentioned?
I would really like to be able to study them in depth.

I don't think that the Japanese came from the lost tribes of Isreal. Legend says they
came from a Chinese nautical mission where the group were sent out to find a paradise
island the Chinese Emporer had heard about. They were not to come back unsuccessful
under pain of death.

When I mentioned the similarities with Semitic roots I was more thinking of a family
which migrated from the ANE to China and then a group that settles in Japan.
That the Japanese and the Chinese are related is undoubted.