[b-hebrew] YHWH pronunciation

Awohili at aol.com Awohili at aol.com
Tue Aug 2 13:48:47 EDT 2005

I'm not so sure.  Whereas Hebrew as a spoken language of daily  intercourse
ended, it remained the language of religion.  And YHWH is the  most religious
of words.  The decline in pronouncing YHWH by some segments  of Judaism is
generally traced to 100 BCE - 100 CE, or thereabouts.

"Those who say don't know; those who know don't say."  That phrase  comes to
mind, though I am sure it was not originally discussing the  Tetragram.

Solomon Landers

In a message dated 08/02/2005 10:34:41 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,