[b-hebrew] Inspiration

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Tue Aug 2 05:44:22 EDT 2005

Also of interest to the subject at hand is the following:

'Now as soon as he had finished speaking with him on Mount Sinai he
gave Moshe two tablets of the Testimony, tablets of stone written on
by The God's finger.'Exo31:18

Using the critical process of analysis we can only infer that the
commandments on the stones were directly inspired by Yahoweh. And in
this case actually written by him, himself. This seems to call to mind
how much more important they were than the rest of the law which is
full of rules on how to settle squabbles, be ritually clean etc.

However, in other parts of the torah there are clues to its origin
being directly Yahoweh.

e.g
Sections of Exodus are direct quotes of Yahoweh's words. See Exo3 onwards
Lev1:1 and Lev27:34 show that the entire book of Lev was directly
god-breathed.
Large sections of Numbers are direct quotations from Yahoweh.
The direct discourse of Deu5, which we have theorised could have been
the original law-scroll that Joshua copied is also attributed to being
Yahoweh's words.

Love and Shalom
James-Christian