[b-hebrew] Inspiration

Alexander Oldernes alexander at oldernes.no
Tue Aug 2 03:11:58 EDT 2005

If I have understood your question correctly, this may be useful...

Hosea 9:7
NJB: "The prophet is mad and the inspired man a fool!"
NIV: "The prophet is considered a fool, the inspired man a maniac"

Heb: 'ish haruach

Literally "man of the spirit"
Greek: an´thropos ho pneumatopho´ros, "man bearing the spirit; man inspired"
Latin Vulgate, Clementine recension: Vi´rum spiritua´lem

Alexander Oldernes