[b-hebrew] Punishment for sins "Samuel"

tladatsi at charter.net tladatsi at charter.net
Thu Apr 28 00:50:38 EDT 2005

Chris,

Way back when, the original question, or challange posed
was: *were there any examples in the OT of later
generations being punished for the sins of an earlier
generation (sins of the father being visited on the
children)* as described in Ex 34:7. I offered these two
examples (1 Sam 15 and 2 Sam 21) were this occurred.

I did not claim that this punishment was *unjust* or *
unfair* or question the ethics or equity of punishing later
generations for the actions of earlier generations in any
way.  I merely say that that these two stories are examples
of this sort of punishment.

Jack Tladatsi