[b-hebrew] National punishment (Karl's query) re. NQH L)

Bill Rea bsr15 at cantsl.it.canterbury.ac.nz
Sun Apr 17 17:16:08 EDT 2005

Chris wrote:-

>No where in the bible do we read about the children being punished for
>the sins of the fathers.  And I would vehemently challenge anyone to show
>this.

How then do you understand Joshua 7? Achan takes devoted material,
Achan and his children are stoned to death, their bodies are
burned and YHWH turns from his anger. It sure looks like the children
got punished for the sin of their father.

Bill Rea, IT Services, University of Canterbury \_
E-Mail bill.rea at canterbury.ac.nz               </   New
Phone 64-3-364-2331, Fax  64-3-364-2332       /)  Zealand
Unix Systems Administrator                   (/'