[b-hebrew] A question on the Hebrew text

leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Tue Oct 26 02:38:44 EDT 2004

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Maurice A. O'Sullivan mauros at iol.ie
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:34:36 +0100
To: leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il, b-hebrew at lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] A question on the Hebrew text

Yigal:

Thank you for that very informative posting.

When you write:

>So Jewish and Israeli academics involved in text criticism use the same
>texts everyone else does, including BHS.

I am minded to enquire about the reception, and use of, :

Dotan, Aron, ed. Biblia Hebraica Leningradensia. Peabody, Mass:
Hendrickson, 2001.

in those circles.

mauros at iol.ie

I really don't know. It certainly has not become a "must" book, but I
assume that it is considered by people who deal with textual matters.

Yigal