[b-hebrew] A hypothesis on the origin of segholate words

Vadim Cherny vadim_lv at center-tv.net
Wed Oct 20 16:44:15 EDT 2004

I'm working on an essay expounding several theses:

proto-Hebrew had a single vowel kamatz
all Hebrew nouns are initial-stress-derived from verbs
consonant doubling occurs to close open stressed syllable
segholate- and the haial- (dabbar) class nouns derive from the dAvar form (two kamatz's, stress on the first)

Since the text is a bit too long for posting, if anyone is interested to discuss these points, please contact me off-list so that I could send the material.

Vadim Cherny