[b-hebrew] GDD (was not: Self-mutilation)

Harold R. Holmyard III hholmyard at ont.com
Fri Oct 8 14:11:59 EDT 2004

Dear Karl,

Thanks, I see your interpretation better now, but I gave you good
information from an up-to-date lexicon. Apparently the word GDD with
the meaning "band together" also occurs in the Damascus Document (CD
1:20). I have a translation of the verse that reads: "They
overstepped covenant, violated law; and they conspired together to
kill the innocent, for all those who lived . . . ." Evidently the
words representing the GDD verb are "they conspired together," or
"they banded together."

				Yours,
				Harold Holmyard