[b-hebrew] Pronoun )nky in Judg. 6:8

David Kummerow farmerjoeblo at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 6 23:46:17 EDT 2004

Dear Clay,

Personally, I think you've identified the big problem with Chomskyian
grammar and why I don't like it myself: it neglects the distributional
syntactic data that doesn't fit with the "theory".

But watch that you aren't setting up a straw man with Holmstedt. Prior to
the Proverbs work he did an analysis of every clauses in *Genesis*. See pp.
126-159 of his dissertation avalible here:

http://www.uwm.edu/%7Erdholmst/HolmstedtDissertation.pdf

He says the the Proberbs research confirmed his conclusions from Genesis.

Regards,

David Kummerow.