[b-hebrew] Pronoun )nky in Judg. 6:8

MarianneLuban at aol.com MarianneLuban at aol.com
Wed Oct 6 13:09:19 EDT 2004

In a message dated 10/6/2004 9:47:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
dwashbur at nyx.net writes:

> Interesting!  Is it a more or less unmarked form, or does it perform some
> function such as emphasis/focus/call-it-what-you-like?

"ink" or "inwk" is just the way a person says something about himself.  But
Gardiner also says this, giving some examples:  "In both uses some degree of
emphasis rests upon the pronouns, and in some contexts it would be desirable to
translate 'It is I (who am) thy father, 'it is I (who am) good.'"

Marianne Luban