[b-hebrew] Difference between the Hebrew Bible and Septuagint in the Shema?

Christopher V. Kimball kimball at ntplx.net
Fri Oct 1 15:35:21 EDT 2004

Here's a puzzle to me in Mark 12:29 (NRSV):

Jesus answered, "The first is this: 'Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the
Lord is one;  you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with
all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.'

4 objects end the "with all your ..." clause, the Hebrew Bible has only 3
objects ending the clause in Deut 6:5.

The difference is trivial, but does it say something about the text
available to Mark or his knowledge of the Shema? Is it a Septuagint/Hebrew
Bible difference?

Chris Kimball