[b-hebrew] question

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Fri Oct 1 13:38:25 EDT 2004

Yigal:

Before seeing the photograph, I was under the impression that the amulets were better preserved than the photograph reveals. The photograph is actually misleading compared to the published studies: for one I had never before heard of a he written with the staff in the middle, effectively making it look like a samekh (or is that an alep?), and a shin which in the photograph looks like a chet. Enough of it is preserved that I think it is late pre-exile writing, with the pretty curlicues below the mem and nun.

Karl W. Randolph.