[b-hebrew] A Jewish perspective on reading biblical hebrew

Uri Hurwitz uhurwitz at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 26 14:51:26 EST 2004

   I agree with your comment below, and also with your broad quantification. When it comes to prose I would venture the guess that even more than 95% of the text is clearly understood. Of course we are dealing with very ancient texts that do require commentaries.
  That not everything is fully understood even today, after the decipherment of languages like Akkadian and Ugaritic, is beyond question.

   Uri