[b-hebrew] A Modern Hebrew perspective on reading biblical hebrew (was: A Jewish perspective on reading biblical hebrew)

Noam Eitan neitian at nyc.rr.com
Thu Nov 25 18:04:50 EST 2004

I overlooked the header of the thread. There is nothing "Jewish" about this
perspective. Native (Jewish) English speakers I have discussed this have the
same facility in applying the perfect/imperfect to the text, that native
Israelis have a hard time to digest (here's a grammatically dysfunctional
sentence for you, transferring from Modern Hebrew into English without
adjusting). Noam