[b-hebrew] Question on 18th Dynasty Egypt

chuckles77 at juno.com chuckles77 at juno.com
Fri Nov 19 13:04:37 EST 2004

Dear list members,

I've been reading with much interest the dialogue about the date of Moses/the Exodus.  I have my own thoughts concerning the issue, but my question has to do with finding some resources.

I've been trying to locate a book or books that deal specifically and extensively with Egypt's 18th Dynasty, which covers the early 16th-late 14th centuries B.C. of Egypt's history.  I would be interested in finding literature that deals with what we know based on archeological information as well as literature from the period.  It would also be helpful to understand the gaps or holes in our knowledge of this period in Egypt's history.

(If this question is outside of the lists parameters, sorry.  But it seemed appropriate in view of the discusion about the date of the Exodus).

Thanks!
Chuck Wynn
Staff, Riverview Church