Date of Moses, was: [b-hebrew] Re: PS /g/

Uri Hurwitz uhurwitz at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 16:54:30 EST 2004

Peter Kirk <peterkirk at qaya.org> wrote:
:
...But where did the IA I date come from? "

  Sorry, I don't understand your question, Peter. Every hand book of Syrian-Palestinian archaeology  explains how the date was derived, and why most connect it with early Israeli settlement in the highlands, by whatever name they call it. (Compare Deaver's" Proto- Israelites ")

  Uri

The dating for Moses which George
called "absurd" was ca. 1450-1400. No one would identify that date (or
the end of it, for the Conquest) with IA I. On the orthodox chronology
1400 would be somewhere in the LB, but other chronologies e.g. that of
John Bimson identify a Conquest at about this date with the widespread
destruction, including of Jericho, at the end of MB IIB.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/