[b-hebrew] Re: Frequency analysis of Torah words and phrases.

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Wed Nov 17 08:26:37 EST 2004

On 17/11/2004 13:08, Christopher V. Kimball wrote:

> Peter Kirk has discovered a software error with the frequency analysis
> of the Torah presented at:
>
> http://www.cvkimball.com/Analyze/Instructions/Torah/Summary.xml .
>
> This error, I suspect, is system-dependent, victimizing those with
> non-Windows systems.  The initial display, Summary.xml, has
> (hopefully) been repaired so as to be visible to all users, the linked
> displays will be repaired next week.

Thanks for trying, Chris, but still the same error. And I am using
Windows XP, but with Mozilla not Internet Explorer. The problem is
obviously with

> href="../Analyze.xsl.xml"

where the problem may well be with the apparent double filename extension.

But it does seem to work with IE6, except that I get a square box for
the inverted nun. You seem to be using the PUA assignment F300 here, and
my system is not picking this up from SBL Hebrew because this paragraph
is displayed as Times New Roman and failing to substitute. Also in the
same sentence the "space marker" in BHS is not final pe, but non-final
pe although written at the end of a word.

Anyway, interesting information about the shorter most frequent tuples,
and also about the extent of repetition in parts of Numbers.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/