[b-hebrew] Karnaim

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Fri Nov 12 10:53:40 EST 2004

Harold:

I'm inclined to agree with you.

Horns come out from an animal in the same manner as rays from a light source, and though in Tanakh the "horn" use is more common, the "ray" use is closer to the root meaning. At least that's my 2¢ on the matter.

I find this similar to the use of X+) where almost all the times it is used in Tanakh, it refers to the moral aspect, but its root meaning appears to be "to err, miss the target" as in Judges 20:16.

Karl W. Randolph.