[b-hebrew] Karnaim

Ken Penner pennerkm at mcmaster.ca
Fri Nov 12 09:38:14 EST 2004

I thought in Rabbinic writings QRN usually referred to corners and points,
i.e., projections in general, including horns and rays, (and yes, also the
principal on a loan, but I'm not sure how that is related).
Perhaps Moses' face grew bumps? [Does b. Shab. 108a use QRN to refer to a
growth in one's eye? YH) R(W) DTYPWQ QRN) B(YNK ]
Else why the mention of skin?

Ken Penner, M.C.S. (Biblical Languages, Greek Focus), M.A. (Hebrew Poetry)
Ph.D. (cand.), McMaster University
pennerkm at mcmaster.ca
Flash! Pro vocabulary software: http://s91279732.onlinehome.us/flash or
Purchase: http://tinyurl.com/6tg2d