[b-hebrew] Karnaim

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Thu Nov 11 23:19:47 EST 2004

I assume that "qeren" "horn" became "ray", because of the sun's "rays"
seeming to extend like "horns" of light. As far as what happened to Moses in
Ex 34:29-30, 35, I'm not convinced that what it really means is that his
face "shone". I know that that is the common interpretation (remember the
movie?), but literally, "the skin of his face became horned" - perhaps some
skin condition?

Yigal