[b-hebrew] Observations on verb forms

James Bowick bowick at idirect.com
Sun Nov 7 11:57:17 EST 2004

I am going back over my verb paradigms  to get my  parsing etc. down.  Am I
right that if there is a verb with only two consonants of the root left in
the form, there only four basic possibilities in reconstructing the root:

1.	It is a bi-consonental root and can be looked up as is.
2.	The final He has dropped.  This could only be true if the root has a
suffix.
3.	An initial Yod or Nun has dropped.  This could only be true if the root
has a prefix.
4.	The second and third letters are identical and have merged.

If I am right this whole thing has just gotten a fair bit easier.  Could
someone confirm or deny this for me?

Thankyou

James Bowick