[b-hebrew] A Reply - WAV question

UUC vadim_lv at center-tv.net
Sun May 30 06:48:50 EDT 2004

Dear Chris,

That's because you were taught Dutch the wrong way, in the first place.
Somehow the children, being open-minded, can subconsciously distill the real
laws of the language from the mass of the empirical evidence. This is close
to what Chomsky says, actually. There is a built-in mechanism in our minds
for understanding the structure of language; but this window is closed in
adults.
My students start speaking Hebrew in a week, and the rest is only a matter
of learning more roots.

Best regards,

Vadim Cherny