[b-hebrew] A Reply - WAV question

wattswestmaas wattswestmaas at eircom.net
Sat May 29 17:46:28 EDT 2004

Dave, Tim and Vadim,

Everything that you all have said has clarified a few things and I
appreciate the ways in which you have explained things.

One last thing;  given that the imperfect can be so easily used to express
an action that WILL take place at an unknown point in time in the future,
why use the Perfect to do the same job?  --  I dare to take an
UNproffessional leap here and offer a thought??  --  Could the idea behind
the imperfect be that:  This FUTURE event has a beginning but no known end,
whereas the perfect expresses an event to take place in the future that has
BOTH a beginning AND a KNOWN end.

Since I have not had  the years behind me to acquaint myself with all the
facts I am sure that I am incorrect, however I needed to suggest this.

Thanks Chris.