[b-hebrew] WAV Conjunction

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Sat May 29 16:49:19 EDT 2004

But that's precisely part of my point: the tenses, IMO, don't indicate time.
That whole question is part of the Great Debate over the mystery of the
Hebrew Verbal System.  I reject the idea that they connote time, but I also
reject the "aspect" view.  At the moment, I see the 4 basic forms (prefix,
suffix, WA.+prefix, WAW+suffix) as denoting varieties of modality plus
syntactic connection, but I haven't fully developed it yet.  I suppose, while
I'm recovering from this surgery and can't do much else, I ought to work on
it... :-)